Definition: Transition in special education programs is the movement from program to another. Transitions can be:
- from one grade classroom to another;
- from one school to another;
- from one program to another; or
- from school to postsecondary, college, vocational program, or other program.
- your child's level of performance in his current placement;
- the requirements in the new placement; and
- the areas your child will likely require supports to help him adjust.
Examples:A good transition plan will help your child adjust to the requirements of a new program.