1. Long Vowel Sound Work Sheets
Worksheets for Matching Long Vowel Sounds in PDF Format:
2. More Long Vowel WorksheetsCircle The Correct Picture Worksheets - Long Vowel Sounds in PDF Format: Have your child circle the word in each row that begins with the long vowel sound. Just for fun, color the sheet afterward.
Long Vowel matching Cards - Long Vowel Sounds in PDF Format: Cut out the cards, and have your child match the printed words to the appropriate picture.
3. Common Reasons for Difficulty with Long Vowel Sounds
4. Find Out Why Your Child Isn't Learning Long Vowel SoundsIf your child struggles with long vowel sounds, it is important to find out why:
- See your pediatrician. Get a physical examination that includes vision and hearing screening. Ask your child's doctor if she feels that your child needs testing for frequency hearing loss.
- If you suspect expressive or receptive language problems, have your child tested by a speech and language pathologist.
- Talk with your child's teacher about screening or referral for full assessment to determine if she has a learning disability.
5. Address Physical Problems Before Teaching Long Vowel Sounds
- If your child's testing shows vision, hearing, processing, or learning problems, be sure to follow through with recommendations you are given.
- If your child is diagnosed with speech or language problems, developmental delays, or learning disabilities, continue to work with his school as his program is developed and implemented for special education services.
- Make sure your child attends school regularly. If possible, try to avoid changes in schools or school districts unless absolutely necessary.
- Work with your child's teachers to ensure that any work missed because of absences is promptly made up.