The IEP generally includes:
- A description of the learning disabled student's current skill levels based on formal assessment;
- Measurable and observable goals for improvement in each area of educational need;
- Measurable and observable objectives describing specific skills needed to reach IEP goals;
- What types of specially designed instruction will be provided;
- When, where, and for how long specially designed instruction will be provided; and
- Additional, related services the student will need to support specially designed instruction.