The Bottom Line
LD SAT - Test Prep and Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities is an excellent test preparation book for students with and without learning disabilities. It would also make a handy homework reference book for parents to review those long-forgotten skills.
- The book is comprehensive and written in easy-to-understand language.
- The book teaches academic skills that are included in the SAT test.
- Test taking strategies are included.
- Practice test items and answers are provided in the book.
- The book thoroghly explains disability-related accommodations and strategies.
- Some students will need assistance working through the book.
- The book is not intended as a quick study and will require planning for completion before tests.
- LD SAT - Test Prep and Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities is a guide for the Scholastic Aptitude Tests.
- The book is written specifically for test takers with learning disabilities.
- The book includes over 600 pages of test taking strategies, math, reading, and writing instruction and practice activities.
Guide Review - LD SAT Study Guide - Test Prep and Strategies for LD Students
LD SAT Study Guide - Test Prep and Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities by Paul Osborne, Ed. M. is a test preparation guide for the College Board's Scholastic Aptitude Tests written specifically for test takers with learning disabilities. However, it could be a useful study guide for anyone wanting more information on the test and how to prepare for it.
LD SAT - Test Prep and Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities includes:
- An introduction to the test including a description of each part and an explanation of how it is scored;
- Background information on common types of learning disabilities, how they are diagnosed, kinds of accommodations that may be available and how to apply to get them, and advocating for yourself;
- General test-taking tips and specific advice for specific disabilities;
- An overview of math skills on the test, how to solve problems and a review of all skills needed for the test;
- An overview of the reading portion of the test, including strategies for handling complex reading passages, identifying critical information, comprehension, and answering questions;
- An overview of the writing portion, including how to find out if your college uses it and writing tips. Also included is a review of the writing skills included on the test and vocabulary; and
- Practice test questions and answers.
Disclosure: A review copy was provided by the publisher. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy.