The Bottom Line
- Computerized voices are well developed and among the most natural-sounding on the market.
- The program features text reading, voice dictation, research aides, and teaching tools.
- Read & Write Gold supports students throughout the reading, writing, and learning process.
- The program is expensive and may be beyond some schools' budgets.
- Students will require assistance in learning to use the pgorgram, but help is available.
- Read & Write Gold is an assistive technology software program developed by Texthelp Systems.
- The software reads electronic text such as from e-books, websites, and documents created in word-processing programs.
- Read & Write Gold helps writers with predictive spelling, word choice, dictionary, and thesaurus features.
- The program includes voice dictation that also reads aloud what students write and helps them identify errors.
Guide Review - Read & Write Gold - A Text Reading and Writing Program
Read & Write Gold Includes:
- Text reading in quality computerized voices;
- Editing tools such as a spell checker, word predictor, dictionary, word wizard thesaurus, and a sounds alike tool that helps users determine if they've chosen the correct homophones in their writing;
- An MP3 converter to convert text into files for later playback in an MP3 player;
- A pronunciation tutor, fact finding tool, fact mapping graphic organizer tool;
- A voice dictation tool for writing assistance; and
- A floating toolbar that allows users to access Read & Write Gold from within other programs such as word processing programs or .pdf reader programs.