The Bottom Line
- Boardmaker Studio can create worksheets, computer activities, and videos for instructional use.
- The program includes a vast array of clip-art from Mayer-Johnson for classroom use.
- Boardmaker Studio's support and tutorials are well-desiged and clear.
- Graphics are functional for educational use in all subject areas and especially life skills.
- Boardmaker Studio's $300 to $500 price tag may place it out of many teachers' budgets.
- Takes time to learn how to use the software.
- Boardmaker Studio is software created by Mayer-Johnson for educators.
- The software enables teachers to customize graphics for individualized instruction.
- Boardmaker Studio creates worksheets, classroom posters, videos, and interactive on-screen activities.
- Boardmaker Studio includes helpful tutorials and an online community for sharing resources and technical assistance.
Guide Review - Boardmaker Studio - Software for Special Educators and More
Admittedly, I was a little intimidated by the software at first, because of it's array of features and functions, but the program includes an introductory video and video tutorials in the online community to support users. The Boardmaker Studio also includes project templates to help you get started and to develop professional-looking projects.
Boardmaker studio would be useful in developing programs for students with both expressive and receptive language weaknesses, learning disabilities, developmental and intellectual disabilities, as well as those with pervasive developmental disorders such as autism. Teachers of non-disabled students can employ the graphics and interactive on-screen features for encouraging interactive learning in children at all levels of learning.