Disability employment discrimination is prohibited in the United States by Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Who is required to follow this disability employment discrimination law?
- Private employers with more than 15 employees and labor unions;
- Federal, State, and local government agencies; and
- Employment agencies.
- Discrimination against qualified people with disabilities;
- Discrimination in the employment application process and hiring;
- Discrimination on the job including hiring, termination, promotion, salary, and opportunities for job training; and
- Discrimination in working conditions, privileges and benefits.