What are accommodation plans?
An accommodation plan is a written set of instructions that detail specific strategies and practices that will be used to:
- Communicate to teachers what strategies and practices will be used to ensure that a student's learning needs are met.
- Detail any specialized learning materials or equipment needed for the child's instruction or physical needs.
- Explain any classwork or homework modifications the child will receive.
- List any additional support services the child may need to benefit from education.
- Explain any grading or assessment changes the student will receive.
- Detail the strategies used for behavior modification plans.
- Specify how the parents or guardians of a child will assist with the accommodation plan, if applicable.
- Detail the child's responsibilities regarding the plan, if any.
When are accommodation plans used?
Schools may use accommodation plans for students as part of:
- a special education program Individual Education Program;
- a Section 504 accommodation plan;
- a Response to Intervention program.