A question I get quite frequently is, "How can I be a better advocate for my child?" There are many reasons why parents are a critical part of a child's educational program, and you can learn how to effectively represent your child by signing up for my six week email course - Advocacy Academy.
As the parent or guardian of a child with a learning disability or other type of disability, you are your child's first and most important advocate. Whether you are a veteran parent advocate or new to special education, in this course you will learn the basics you need to know to advocate effectively for your child in public schools. You'll learn:
- What is a Disability Advocate?
- Reasons Disability Advocacy may be Needed
- Advocacy Mistakes to Avoid
- Choosing an Effective Advocate and Avoiding Problem Advocates
- Your Rights as the Parent of a Child with a Disability
- Effective Advocacy Strategies
- Disability Advocacy in College
- Review, Wrap up, and How to use Your Advocacy Skills